Fascinated by Mexico, but tired of the tourist hordes on the beaches of Acapulco, Cancun and Puerto Vallarta? Spend your next Mexico vacation in Chiapas, Mexico’s best kept travel secret!
Beautiful Chiapas Mexico Get “off the beaten path,” to experience the real Mexican culture without the tourist trappings and distracting crowds of fellow U.S. and European travelers.
Chiapas is a place rich with Mexican and Native American cultures, alluring mountains, ancient pre-Columbian cities, beautiful lakes, and spectacular waterfalls in bird filled tropical forests that rival the best of Costa Rica.
Sumidero Canyon, Chiapas Mexico
There is a magnificence of rich tourist attractions in Chiapas, Mexico including:
• Palenque with its famous ancient Mayan ruins
• San Cristobal, a 16th century colonial village
• Sumidero Canyon, a spectacular river gorge full of wildlife
• Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas’ modern capital city – completely unknown to most North American tourists.
Tourist activities in Chiapas include:
• Shopping for native crafts like amber and metal & wood workings
• Adventure travel: repelling, hiking. kayaking and white water rafting
• Archeology – explore the land of the living Mayans
• Beaches on the Pacific coast
(about three hours away by car from Tuxtla Gutierrez)